Summer Camp Internship
The Foundry Art Centre is looking for a few interns to join our team for the summer and learn the ropes of managing and supporting our full staff of teachers, administrators, and students during a very hectic schedule. The interns selected should expect to have an instrumental hand in organizing students as well as assisting our instructors in the day to day operations involved with summer camp.
The responsibilities of the internship are vital to the success of the Foundry’s summer camp program. The position includes: working with a great team of artists and art professionals who are enthusiastic and committed to creating quality work, learning the ins and outs of day to day operations, enhancing art appreciation, and understanding what it takes to create works of art. In return, the interns should bring essential skills to their position; these include excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently while possessing a strong interest in the arts.
An internship at the Foundry Art Centre provides candidates with excellent hands-on experiences along with professional career-building opportunities for a future in the arts.
· Assist with checking students in and out of class
· Help instructors with set up and clean-up of the classroom
· Aid the students through the current project as needed
· Work closely with the Education Manager on daily tasks and programming
· Assist with set up for Fridays mock gallery showing of the students work
· Creative and conceptual thinking
· The ability to articulate ideas
· A positive attitude with a good sense of humor
· Ability to take direction
· Ability to work independently and with a team
· A passion for the arts and education
Excellent interpersonal skills, organization skills, and attention to detail are imperative. Applicants must to be able to work independently with little supervision if necessary and must convey a strong interest in the arts, education, and the workings of a non-profit organization.
The summer internship will require a minimum of 20 hours a week, beginning June 3 - August 4, 2017. The Foundry Art Centre administration will work closely with your educational institution in order for you to receive applicable credit hours.
Applicants working toward a degree in the Fine Arts or Art Education is preferred.