Job opportunities at the foundry
The Foundry Art Centre is looking to fill a part-time support staff position. Support staff will work under the supervision of the Facilities Manager and Executive Director.
- Assist Facilities Manager with all set up, break down and clean up for all events ie. weddings, corporate events, fundraisers, concerts, community events, etc.
- Will work with event clientele, catering staff and security as deemed necessary during events.
- Communicate with Facilities Manager and Events Coordinator in order to understand the logistics of the event and arrangement.
- Maintain and set up audio/ visual equipment needed for events.
- Aide in general building maintenance and support the Foundry staff as needed.
- Motivated individual that will take initiative with little supervision.
- Basic knowledge of audio/ visual equipment, theater lighting systems and sound equipment.
- Fun, energetic and dynamic personality and positive attitude.
- Strong commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Ability to handle a varied workload, to multi-task, is detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills and good follow-through.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Must be willing to work weeknights, weekends and late evenings, expecting 15-25 hours a week.
- Must be at least 18 years old.