Foundry Studio Artists News –
· We are waiting to welcome 2 new artists to the Foundry in the middle of February!
· Artist studio hours vary – contact artists for availability and appointments.
· Please connect with us onFacebook@FACstudioartists and Instagram@facstudioartists
Artist Group Events –
- Foundry Studio Artist group events are still in production but coming along nicely.
Foundry Studio Artists –
· Jody Williams - Studios 2 & 3
- I will be traveling to London in February/March to attend the Royal Horticultural Society Botanical Art Exhibition at Lindley Hall representing the American Society of Botanical Artists as its current President. In addition to attending the RHS show I will be meeting with the director of the Chelsea Physic Garden's Botanical Art Program, the director of Prince Charles' Highgrove and Transylvania Florilegium projects, viewing the Flora Japonica exhibition with its curator at the Shirley Sherwood Gallery at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew and viewing historical original botanical artworks at Kew, the Natural History Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum, Fitzwilliam Museum (Cambridge) and the Lindley Library.
- In October I attended the Inaugural International Congress of Botanical Art held in Pittsburgh to hear presentations about botanical art around the world by leaders in the genre from Japan, Korea, Brazil, The Netherlands, France, Ireland, and Australia. Also while in Pittsburgh I attended a steering committee meeting for the upcoming Worldwide Exhibition - Connecting People and Plants Through Botanical Art project which is a coordinated effort between 14 countries to hold simultaneous botanical art exhibitions around the world including coordinated media events on May, 18, 2018 as a "Worldwide Day of Botanical Art". The U.S. Installation will be at the U.S. Botanic Gardens on the Mall in Washington, D.C.
· Natalie Rupp - Studio 5
- Now accepting commissions for 2017! Commission Natalie to create a custom, personalized painting -- a perfect gift for important milestones in life -- weddings, anniversaries, graduations, or any special celebration! Natalie is only accepting 9 commissions for 2017, so let's start the conversation now!
- Art Classes for 2017 are underway, and are open to new students at any time -- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and College Prep classes are available now! Private lessons are also available for K-12 and Adult. Still accepting students!
- New merchandise will soon be available in Studio 5 and FAC Whittaker Homes Gift Shop. Online store coming soon!
· Dave Coleman - Studio 10
- I'm pleased to say that one of my images, "Flaming Artichoke" was accepted to the "Arbitrary Color" show.
· James Dreyer - Studio 12
- 25th Anniversary of the Flood of 1993 Documentary = Directing a short documentary telling it from a First Responders standpoint. St. Charles Police officers and St. Charles Firefighters will share tales of helping our residents prepare for the incoming floodwaters and how they managed once the waters arrived.
· Ann Croghan – Studios 15 & 16
- I am currently exhibiting six paintings at the Chesterfield City Hall. The exhibition will be up through March.
- I am the current artist on the Curved wall downstairs.
· Spring Hansen - Studio 18
- Survived the sickness and the Christmas season.
- Coordinating group events as well as applying for shows nationwide.
- Creating and designing 3 new card lines in 2 months for wholesale.
- Still looking for sponsorship for her "Project Boy" and "Existence" series. Contact her for inquiries and more information – email@example.com or better yet, stop by her studio and chat with her.
- “Full of Intention” Photography classes are under way and looking for more students!
- Awaiting several show notifications around the nation and continuing to explore other opportunities.